As you know, Web 2.0 is all about the conversation. But without a few simple ground rules, that conversation can turn into a shouting match that discourages others from entering into the fray. Here are some thoughts about comments at Average Einstein.
- Feel free to comment without registering. You can log-in using Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s totally up to you.
- You can post anonymously too. We don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. We want to build a community here so let us know who you are.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via email. It is a better use of my time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- It’s okay to disagree with us. We welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with us—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting on blogs. Keep it civil.
- We reserve the right to delete comments. This is our blog. We don’t have any obligation to publish your comments. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on our site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal here is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I think this simple comments policy will facilitate this.
Question: Am I missing anything?
Average Einstein is all about helping you improve your life by reducing some of the complexity in the things you do everyday. We try to find and steer you toward the best possible resources, tips, tools, hacks and strategies to help you live brilliantly.
We won’t offer you get rich quick scams or magic bullets; and the stories, quotes, or results we share shouldn’t be viewed as typical for all readers everywhere. What you will find here is a community of people who are growing and learning. If you’re interested in finding out more about what we mean by “Average Einstein” read our next post.
The idea here is to help make your life better and your load lighter. To do that we scour the web to bring you the best thinking and products possible. Think of us as a learning lab of helpful hints and useful knowledge to make your smarter.
Once in awhile we list paid advertisements or sponsored links (also called “affiliate links”). If you click on one of these links and buy a product from that company, the company will send a little bit of money to us for the referral. You should be aware that the following is true 100% of the time when you read Average Einstein:
- The solutions we offer to you sometimes involve promoting products, services, and affiliate businesses. However, we never promote or endorse a product or service that does not create high value for you as a reader.
- We reserve the right to provide select advertising and sponsorship on this blog, but we don’t sponsor or advertise products that we haven’t used personally or had experience using.
- Affiliate links allow us to make money without charging you. This means we can continue to produce great free content for you without asking you to buy anything. We don’t necessarily note the use of an affiliate link every time.
- The opinions expressed here are our own. The information we provide is on an as-is basis. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
One Last Thought
At the end of the day all of this hopefully says one thing — you can trust us to give you brilliant insight so that your life is a little less complex and a little bit better.
Thanks for reading and participating with our growing community of Average Einstein’s.
Mark & Anne
By the way, if you’d like to see the reason that blogs are required to have disclosure policies you can read this from the FTC.